Financial Markets
Real Estate
Local listed Company
Overseas-listed Company
Foreign Company
Industrial Parks

Financial Market
 Search News  Or
China and Russia govts launch join-investment fund

Jun. 7, 2012 (China Knowledge) - China Investment Corp (CIC), the country's sovereign wealth fund, said today it has signed a memorandum of understanding with state-backed Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) to create an investment fund.

Last October, both CIC and RDIF had the plan to set up the joint fund to boost economic cooperation between the two countries.  

CIC and RDIF will each contribute US$1 billion in the fund, which would be expanded to US$4 billion in 18 months, with the net addition contributed by outside investors, said RDIF CEO Kirill Dmitriev.

Around 70% of the fund is expected to invest in Russia, while the remaining 30% in China. The pipeline of potential deals for the fund includes machinery, forestry and logistics industry.

Dmitriev also noted the first investment might start next month, adding that one of Russia's largest forestry firms would export a substantial amount of wood to China. But Dmitriev declined to unveil the name of the company.

Add this     
Copyright © "2015"

Send feedback or comments to:

For more news, financial weekly reports, business guides to China, Market Research Reports and other premium information, subscribe to China Knowledge today

To access our page on Bloomberg, type CKFI (GO)

 Our Professional Services


 News Archive
About Us | CSR | Media Center | E-Newsletter | E-Store | Contact Us | Feedback | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use  

           Copyright © 2014 China Knowledge Online. All Rights Reserved