Economy
Financial Markets
Commodities
Industries
Energy
Real Estate
Local listed Company
Overseas-listed Company
Foreign Company
Industrial Parks


 
Financial Market
 Search News  Or
Youku to merge with Tudou

Mar. 13, 2012 (China Knowledge) - Youku.com Inc and Tudou Holdings Ltd, the top two online video companies in China, announced Monday that they have signed a final agreement to merge into a new entity on Sunday, which both claimed to forge an industry leader in the world's biggest Internet market.

Pursuant to the agreement, the two firms will merge through a 100% share swap and form a combined entity named Youku Tudou Inc. Tudou will delist from the Nasdaq stock market, while Youku will continue trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

Upon the completion of the deal, Youku shareholders and holders of its American depositary shares will take a 71.5% stake in the new company, and those of Tudou will own the remaining 28.5%.

The two companies said that the merger is expected to be completed in the third quarter of this year.

At present, Youku leads the Chinese online video market with a 21.8% share, while small rival Tudou has a 13.7%, according to Internet research firm Analysys International.

In 2011, the market value of the Chinese online video industry doubled to RMB 6.27 billion, according to Beijing-based IT consulting firm iResearch. China had 325 million online video watchers last year, which accounted for 63.4% of the total Internet users in the country.






Add this     
Copyright © "2015" www.chinaknowledge.com

Send feedback or comments to: news@chinaknowledge.com

For more news, financial weekly reports, business guides to China, Market Research Reports and other premium information, subscribe to China Knowledge today

To access our page on Bloomberg, type CKFI (GO)

 Our Professional Services

 E-Store

 News Archive
About Us | CSR | Media Center | E-Newsletter | E-Store | Contact Us | Feedback | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use  

           Copyright © 2014 China Knowledge Online. All Rights Reserved