Economy
Financial Markets
Commodities
Industries
Energy
Real Estate
Local listed Company
Overseas-listed Company
Foreign Company
Industrial Parks


 
Company - Domestic
 Search News  Or
Hutchison Whampoa buyouts Orange Austria for US$1.71 bln

Feb. 6, 2012 (China Knowledge) - Hutchison Whampoa Ltd<0013>, controlled by Hong Kong billionaire Li Ka-Shing, has spent EUR 1.3 billion or around US$1.71 billion to acquire a 100% stake, including debts, in Austria's third-largest mobile operator Orange Austria.

Hutchison 3G Austria, a unit of Hong Kong-listed Hutchison Whampoa, said in a statement last Friday that it has bought a 35% stake in Orange Austria from France Telecom SA and the remaining 65% stake in private equity firm Mid Europa Partners.

As a part of the deal, the buyer is divesting assets to Telekom Austria for EUR 390 million.

The transaction is expected to close in the middle of this year.

U.S.-based financial holding company J.P. Morgan Chase & Co advised Hutchison, while U.S. investment bank Morgan Stanley advised the sellers, said the people familiar with this matter.

Orange Austria is Austria's third-largest mobile operator with a 22% market share in the country last year, following Telekom Austria's A1 brand and T-Mobile Austria GmbH.

In 2010, Orange Austria reaped EUR 578 million in revenue with a net loss of EUR 9 million, sources reported.






Add this     
Copyright © "2015" www.chinaknowledge.com

Send feedback or comments to: news@chinaknowledge.com

For more news, financial weekly reports, business guides to China, Market Research Reports and other premium information, subscribe to China Knowledge today

To access our page on Bloomberg, type CKFI (GO)

 Our Professional Services

 E-Store

 News Archive
About Us | CSR | Media Center | E-Newsletter | E-Store | Contact Us | Feedback | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use  

           Copyright © 2014 China Knowledge Online. All Rights Reserved