Economy
Financial Markets
Commodities
Industries
Energy
Real Estate
Local listed Company
Overseas-listed Company
Foreign Company
Industrial Parks


 
Company - Domestic
 Search News  Or
Saudi Arabian Oil, Sinopec inks Yanbu refining project deal

Jan. 16, 2012 (China Knowledge) - Saudi Arabian Oil Co (Aramco) last Saturday signed a deal with China Petrochemical Corp (Sinopec Group), the parent company of Sinopec<600028><0386>, Asia's largest oil refiner, to jointly develop a large refining project at Yanbu, on the coast of the Red Sea in western Saudi Arabia.

The state-owned Saudi Arabian oil giant will hold a 62.5% stake in a proposed joint venture, named Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Co (YASREF), while Sinopec Group will have the remaining 37.5% stake.

The Yanbu project, which is expected to start operation in 2014, is designed to have a crude oil output capacity of 400,000 barrels per day.
 
Aramco CEO Khalid al-Falih said total investment of the refinery would reach around US$8.5 billion if the capital is provided by the two partners. However, the investment would reach US$10 billion if the funds are borrowed.

China imports approximately one fifth of crude oil from Saudi Arabia, Falih added.

In the same refining project, U.S.-based oil supplier ConocoPhillips withdrew last year due to assets spin-off.  

Aramco has also teamed up with Sinopec Group to jointly develop a gas project in the southeastern area of Saudi Arabia.






Add this     
Copyright © "2015" www.chinaknowledge.com

Send feedback or comments to: news@chinaknowledge.com

For more news, financial weekly reports, business guides to China, Market Research Reports and other premium information, subscribe to China Knowledge today

To access our page on Bloomberg, type CKFI (GO)

 Our Professional Services

 E-Store

 News Archive
About Us | CSR | Media Center | E-Newsletter | E-Store | Contact Us | Feedback | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use  

           Copyright © 2014 China Knowledge Online. All Rights Reserved